TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE
Please carefully read the following conditions and policies of our company. These regulate the use of our website and the scope of our services contracted in person.
The present conditions of use regulate the use of the website www.grato.cl , hereinafter “website”, as well as the services contracted in person from which the company Grato “Language Solutions” Spa, RUT No. 76.591.161-3, with registered office at 1095 Margot Duhalde St., Río Bueno, XIV Los Ríos Region, legal representative Mr Paul Christopher Graves; owns and makes available to the website users, as well as users of its branches. By using the website and subsequent registration, as well as by contracting the services in person, you agree to comply with the terms and conditions and be legally bound to them.
By not agreeing with these "Terms", unfortunately you will not be able to obtain any of our services.
- CONDITIONS OF USE OF OUR SERVICES
GRATO®, neither controls nor is responsible for the information transmitted through our channels by other users (e.g., Skype®, WhatsApp® or another platform external to GRATO®). You accept that under no circumstances and in any way, GRATO®, its directors, executives, shareholders, employees, consultants, representatives, advisers, affiliates, subsidiaries or its partners will be responsible for any information transmitted through the aforementioned channels including but not limited to any error or omission in its information or in the information of third parties, or that published or sent by them, loss, damage, transmitted or made available otherwise than the official platforms or channels of GRATO®, in relation to our services without the consent of GRATO®, or for any failure in the correction or suppression of information that links third parties to our platforms.
- CAUSES OF ELIMINATION, SANCTION AND/OR SUSPENSION
The following actions are causes to eliminate, revoke and/or suspend or terminate the rendering of services by GRATO®.
● Harm or intimidate another person in any way which includes restricting or inhibiting any other user from using our services.
● Impersonate any person or entity (including GRATO®, its staff and other members), falsely state or otherwise distort your relationship with any person, by using the GRATO® service or external platforms which we communicate through.
● "Stalk" or harass in any way another person or a member of the GRATO® team.
● Advertise merchandise, auctions, services, or commercial websites, including offers to trade or charity requests that are not related to the theme or spirit of GRATO®.
● Sell or resell public or private information that you have obtained through legitimate or illegitimate channels about GRATO®, its directors, executives, shareholders, employees, consultants, representatives, advisers, affiliates, subsidiaries, and above all its users.
● Collect or store personal data belonging to other users.
● Publish any public information or other material:
o Illegal, harmful, threatening, offensive, harassing, aggravating, defamatory, intimidating, vulgar, obscene, profane, libellous, invasive of another's privacy (including publishing private emails or contact information of another person), abhorrent or unacceptable racially, ethnically or in another way, including any public information or other material that may be considered hate speech; obscene, pornographic or for adults.
o That has no right to make available under a law or according to contractual or fiduciary relationships.
o That infringes any patent right, commercial brand, commercial secret, reproduction right or other property rights of any party, or rights of publicity or privacy.
o That is unsolicited or unauthorised advertising, promotional material, or any other form of request (including but not limited to "spam", "junk mail" and "chain email").
o That is inappropriate, published in bad faith or contrary to the spirit of any intention of GRATO®.
o That it uses our services mainly as a generator or listing service for another website, natural or legal person.
● Incite others to breach this agreement.
● Reveal private information of any member or user of Grato without his or her permission.
● Use any network monitoring or discovery software to determine the site architecture, or extract information about usage, individual identities, or users. You may not use any robot, spider, other automatic software or device, or manual process to monitor or copy our website or the content. You may not copy, modify, reproduce, republish, distribute, display, or transmit for commercial, non-profit, or public purposes all or any portion of this website, except to the extent permitted by GRATO®.
● Transfer money to GRATO® or any organiser or creative or host through stolen, fraudulent, or otherwise unauthorised financial accounts.
● In case of non-payment of services, whether it be total or a partial amount of the agreed price, of teaching (language classes), translation or interpretation, without notice or justification, GRATO reserves the right to cancel the provision of services in writing to the user's email or telephone number registered in the GRATO CRM, by means of any type of software or messaging application or mail delivery.
Furthermore, the publication of other inappropriate actions, public information or other material justifies the elimination and/or suspension of our services.
GRATO® reserves the right to remove any publication or other material without warning or notice.
Although, we prohibit such behaviours and content, you accept and agree that, nevertheless, you may be exposed to those behaviours or content, and use our services at your own risk.
In this agreement, "to publish" includes uploading, advertising, emailing, transmitting, or making the information available in any other way. Notwithstanding the foregoing, GRATO® and its assignees will have the right to remove any public information or other material that breaches this agreement or that is otherwise unacceptable.
- INTERFERING WITH OUR SERVICES
● You accept that:
o You will not upload, publish, email, or transmit in any other way subroutines, files or software designed to interrupt, destroy, or limit the functionality of any telecommunications hardware or software;
o You will not take any measure that imposes an excessive or disproportionate load in our infrastructure; and
o You will not copy, reproduce, alter, modify or publicly share any information shown on our website (except your own information), nor will you create jobs derivative from our website (which do not derive from its information), to the extent that such action constitutes a breach of the right to reproduction or otherwise violates the intellectual property rights of GRATO® or any third party, unless it has the prior written consent of Grato Spa or the corresponding third party.
- GENERAL PRACTICES ON THE USE OF OUR SERVICES
You acknowledge and agree that we can establish general practices and limits related to the use of our services. You accept that we do not have the obligation to store and/or delete any part of your information. You acknowledge that we reserve the right to terminate the rendering of service in accordance with the deadlines established in the service applications that you as a user sign and ratify. In addition, you acknowledge that we reserve the right to modify these general practices and limits at any time, at our discretion, with prior notice. The general practices and limits are as follows:
A)CONVERSATION, CONSULTING AND TEACHING SERVICES
Through our website, social media plug-ins and branches, we provide descriptive information about our services and the necessary contact means so that users can request more detailed information about them. Furthermore, through the website and the means of contact, our users can contract conversation and consulting services, which are aimed at solving language needs.
The consulting sessions can be taken in offices, places of study, private homes, coffee shops, restaurants, among others. Moreover, and if the service’s user prefers, the consulting sessions can be taken online through the video conference platform Skype®.
These consultancies are regulated under our corporate policies, entrepreneurial values, limitations, and ethics code (available at www.grato.cl or at email@example.com) which are given to the language consultant and to whom subscribes the contract. However, we are not responsible for the behaviour of the service contracting and/or its beneficiaries for personal problems (unrelated to the services rendered) that the user of the service has with the language consultant or members from the GRATO® team.
Every person who attends a GRATO® consultancy has and must be logged in as a user through the foliated service application for such consulting and provide the mandatory data requested in order to protect you and the indicated beneficiaries.
If a GRATO® language consultant promotes his or her work as a GRATO® consultant in any way through a different or non-official platforms from www.grato.cl , we reserve the right to any type of legal responsibility incurred in such promotion, considering that he or she does not have the authorisation or the guidelines to make such promotion according to the corporate image of GRATO® and its management team.
Part of the consultant's responsibilities is to evaluate the attendants’ level in the first and last session, with which he or she can make his final report and notify this information to each user (contracting party or beneficiary, as appropriate). Only in case of illness or duly justified reasons the consultant can, with prior notice to GRATO®, miss a session, for which it is ideal to reschedule or exceptionally get a replacement.
The periodic coordination of the group is the consultant’s responsibility. The main means of communication during meetings is via WhatsApp® or the messaging platform that is being used, so that there is a backup of the coordination, both for users and for the consultant. Therefore, in case of agreeing to these conditions, the consultant hereby allows us to share his or her phone number with the rest of the users to create a WhatsApp® group with users from his or her consulting session.
Conditions of use:
● The user will be able to select the time that best suits him/her, after prior coordination with his language consultant by phone, instant messaging, or any other means of communication that he/she deems appropriate as long as the consultant is available to assist him/her at that time.
● Furthermore, the user must modify or coordinate at least 24 hours in advance the time when he/she wants to request his/her language consultant to connect to Skype for the scheduled class. In the event of cancelling or modifying less than 24 hours in advance, GRATO®, through its language consultant, reserves the right to charge for the class without the need to make it up, since there is an agenda block, and the consultant was counting on doing that class. The well-founded reasons to cancel or reschedule a class are related to those of force majeure or Acts of God regulated by law.
● In case of requesting sessions outside the city of Santiago, but within the Metropolitan Region, there will be an additional charge for the transport of the consultant that will be duly informed by the client's preferred means of communication. For calculation purposes, public ground transport fares will be considered: metropolitan buses, trains and/or interurban buses. When a client requests to contract outside of GRATO®’s on-site coverage area, these will be done via Skype®.
● The deadline indicated in the first clause of each "Rendering of Service Contract" identified with its corresponding folio number can be frozen for serious work or personal reasons, such as: trips over weeks, absence due to hospitalisation, work accidents, labour obligations over two weeks and those situations that require a prolonged absence. Holidays or other recreational or leisure activities are not considered valid periods for freezing, since they do not represent labour obligations, fortuitous or force majeure reasons. It is considered as "freezing" the fact of extending the contract deadline. To do this you must send an email to your executive or to firstname.lastname@example.org.
● The number of contracted sessions must be taken within the period stipulated in the corresponding service application in the “end date” section.
B) TRANSLATION SERVICE
Through the GRATO® website and social media we give our users the possibility to request translation of a document from a foreign language to the Spanish language and vice versa, whether it be a manual, college paper, thesis, book, magazine, newspaper and any other document/material which you have the corresponding authorisation to translate for, considering that the publication requested to be translated is in order with the copyright of the producer of such material. (For this we work under the Chilean law regarding intellectual property).
Furthermore, users of the service have the possibility to request the revision of a translated text into a foreign language to check the coherence and cohesion of the result, whether it be a translation of our authorship or from another natural and/or legal person.
- At the time of receiving a request for translation, it will be evaluated by our translation department and will not be commented on to third parties or other entities in the field.
- During the translation process, the members of the GRATO® team must ratify a confidentiality agreement in which they affirm not to transmit information from the translated text, as we understand the need of our users regarding commercial secrets, special publications, original texts, advertising material, among other materials that contain sensitive information for the achievement of personal, professional and/or entrepreneurial objectives of the requesting user.
- Finally, the definitive text is verified by our service quality department and delivered to the user through the most convenient distribution channel (email, mail, in person, at the office).
C) CONSECUTIVE AND LIAISION INTERPRETING SERVICE
Connect people verbally in a combination of two languages. The liaison interpreter accompanies people who need to communicate and translates verbally by turns.
● The service must be requested at least five working days before the event.
● The subject to interpret must be given at least three working days before, so that the interpreter can prepare the contents, and thus ensure the quality of the service.
● The client must give a programme or schedule in which he or she will need the interpreter available. If the schedule has free spaces over an hour, these will be considered within the final fee.
● If it is necessary to sign a Confidentiality Agreement, we can provide a model or subscribe to the one requested by the client.
● The interpreters must wear formal clothes. In case of having a specific dress code, the client must indicate it at the time of requesting the service.
D) SIMULTANEOUS INTERPRETING SERVICE
Connect an exhibitor with his or her audience in a combination of languages. The simultaneous interpretating service is used in conferences, seminars and any other event that requires a professional translating verbally in real time.
At least two interpreters must work at a conference, as they must take 20–30-minute turns inside the interpreter booth, portable equipment, or simultaneous interpreting application.
The simultaneous interpreting service does not include the rental of interpreter booths nor the event's audio-visual production.
Interpreting equipment (Additional Service )
If you do not have an interpreter soundproof booth and headphones, this additional service can be included in the quote at the client’s request depending on the number of attendees and the technical requirements of the event.
Moreover, we can provide remote interpreting technology through our LiveVoice partner app. This service allows event attendees to stream the interpreting audio directly to their phones using their own or complimentary headphones.
Conditions of service
● The service must be requested at least seven working days before the event.
● The subject to interpret must be given at least five working days before, so that the interpreter can prepare the contents, and thus ensure the quality of the service.
● The client must give the conference or seminar programme with a detailed schedule. If the schedule has free spaces greater than one hour, these will be considered within the final fee.
● If it is necessary to sign a Confidentiality Agreement, we can provide a model or subscribe to the one requested by the client.
● The interpreters must wear formal clothes. In case of having a specific dress code, the client must indicate it at the time of requesting the service.
E) COMMUNICATION PLATFORM
The GRATO® company is built based on trust, honesty, honour, responsibility, cooperation, and communication, which is why, besides reinforcing language skills and having a “Grato moment”, we ensure the delivery of quality of service to our users. Therefore, we urge everyone whom GRATO® renders services to, to maintain good behaviour and adhere to these terms and conditions of use, so that both the consultant and users can use our services safely and freely, without feeling discriminated or undermined in any way.
F) OUR WORK SPIRIT IN 5 ESSENTIAL PILARS
To carry out our work with awareness, pride, and dedication, always respecting terms and complying fully the demands of our clients.
To act according to the principles and corporate policies that guides us, caring for personal and professional relationships with GRATO® clients and workers.
To work transparently with our clients, giving all necessary information for decision-making.
To direct our entrepreneurial efforts to allow companies and private individuals to meet their objectives, so that they count on us as key partners to achieve their goals.
We value language accuracy in all our work and consider that effective communication leading to agreements is our main characteristic.
Beyond the importance of the individuality and identity of everyone who approaches us and requests our language consulting, teaching, translation, or interpretation services, it is our spirit of service and essential values that set the course to follow and constantly guide our actions to always meet the expectations of our clients.
Based on this, we believe that it is fundamental that the people who integrate the consultancies and their respective consultant put into practice and develop these qualities to make the GRATO® service something that represents our values as a communication platform.
Since we do not supervise nor control in person or online GRATO ®consultancies or the interactions between GRATO® members and other people or companies; since we are not involved in any way with the physical transport to consultancy meetings nor the quality of service of the telecommunications companies; since we do not control the actions of any person attending those meetings; we cannot guarantee the true identity, age, nationality of the users of the platform; and therefore we have very limited control over the quality, security, morality, legality, truthfulness or accuracy of various provided to the platform, without being a presumption of bad faith, for all legal effects derived from the contract signed with GRATO®, the parties establish domicile in the city of Río Bueno, except in the case of the contracting party residing in a different place and the proposal(s) of the translation, revision, interpretation or language consultancy services have been made by long distance through electronic means. In such cases the agreement will be understood as entered; as well as the legal effects derived from it at the domicile or residence of the contracting party that has accepted the original proposal or the modified proposal in accordance with article 104 of the Commercial Code, subjecting in both cases to the jurisdiction of the Ordinary Courts of Justice in case of any controversy, doubt, difficulty that arises between the parties with motive, cause or occasion of the contract.
H) GRATO SPA COMMUNICATIONS
The user will understand that certain communication such as newsletters and Grato Spa services ads, and sponsorship or promotion offers, that are relevant and beneficial for you or for your GRATO® moment, are part of our services. By using our services, you expressly agree to receive such communications from Grato Spa.
I) GRATO COUNSELING TERMS AND CONDITIONS
These detailed terms and conditions applied to all consultants and users of our services listed in our databases, who adhered to our terms and conditions through our services, through a service application and/or rendering of services contract.
J) GRATO MATERIAL
GRATO® is responsible for providing the materials so that the consultant can carry out his or her work effectively. Nevertheless, it is the consultant's responsibility to complete the information that is stipulated in his or her consultancy folder in accordance with the instructions attached therein.
The support material is given in Grato's training or when our team deems appropriate. The material given to each language consultants is the following:
Grato folder (language consultant)
- 01 – Company Presentation
- 02 – Our Company
- 03 – Session Register (per plan)
- 04 – End-of Folio-Report
- 05 – Grato® Consultant Instructions
- 06 – Pay Spreadsheet
- 07 – TDIE Sessions Register Model
- 08 – Language Consultant Profile
- 09 – Testimony Guidelines
- 10 – Miscellaneous Materials
Part of the responsibilities at the end of each consultancy is to complete the final reports of the consultancy in your folder.
The reports must be completed including information from each assistant for each consultancy. The objective is to document their progress and to show it to the users so that they can have knowledge of their progress permanently.
The reports must be completed no later than 72 hours after the consultancy has ended. Not completing reports within the stipulated period will mean a bad evaluation by GRATO®, which if repeated may be reason to terminate future GRATO® consultancies.
As part of a policy of continuous improvement of our services and the search for a better delivery of it, we seek to train and strengthen the skills of our consultants. For this, we will periodically have training sessions to improve the quality of meetings, promote responsibility and commitment.
As a condition of continuity, our consultants are urged to participate in the training sessions. In the case of new consultants, it will be a requirement to attend as soon as possible to continue future courses. Videoconferences will be held as an induction and training process through the UDEMY platform.
The consultants are subject to evaluation at the end of the consultancy from both users and GRATO® management team. It is a requirement to remain as a consultant to maintain good evaluations in their consultancies. In case the consultant has low levels in his or her evaluations, Grato® Spa., reserves the right to offer new consultancies.
The evaluation GRATO® carries out depends on the consultant’s performance in the following aspects:
● Attended all consultancies on time.
● Completed reports within the stipulated deadlines.
● Effectively coordinated all the consultancies.
● Complied with the Terms and Conditions fully.
N) FEES AND REMUNERATIONS PAYMENT
In the good understanding that this is a freelance job and does not constitute a dependency relationship, GRATO® has no control over the consultant's time management nor should it be responsible for the payment of taxes, health, and any other type of tax to which the professional is subject to. In the cases of administrative staff, the provisions of current labour regulations will be applied.
The means and amount of payment are reflected in the contract for fees that the consultant signs with GRATO® for such purposes, details of the price of service and how their fees will be paid are specified.
O) ACADEMIC CONTENT
The consultant must commit to developing the consultancies according to difficulty, subjects and requirements defined in accordance with the plan developed for the user in his first session in relation to the need’s identifier and suggestion page.
As part of the creation of new consultancies, GRATO® makes teaching and thematic material available to each consultant. The objective of this is to develop and create new ways to break the language barrier in consultancies to keep the attention and interest of the users.
P)INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
All intellectual and industrial property rights over trademarks, source code, and language are owned by GRATO®, which ensures that it does not use third-party intellectual or industrial property without the corresponding legal authorisations, and that the intellectual and industrial property used, whether its own or from third parties, does not infringe property rights, intellectual property rights, or rights of any other nature.
The user undertakes not to misuse the image, logos, typography, trademarks, designs, and images in the advertising of GRATO® under penalty of industrial property laws.
Q)ERRORS AND CORRECTIONS
GRATO® does not ensure or warranty that this website or the content or advertisements will be error-free, virus-free, or free of other malicious components, that defects will be fixed, or that it will always be accessible. GRATO® also does not make any warranties or representations that the content or advertisements available through the website will be correct, accurate, timely, or reliable. GRATO® may make improvements and/or changes in features, functionality, content, or advertisements at any time.
Third party content may appear on this website or may be accessible through links from this website. GRATO® assumes no liability for any infringement, error, errors in law, omissions, misrepresentation, obscenity, pornography, or profanity in the statements, opinions, representations, or any other form of content appearing on this website. You understand that the information and opinions in the third-party content is neither endorsed by nor does it reflect the belief or opinion of GRATO®.
GRATO® expressly disclaims all warranties, liability for any loss, injury, claims, demands, liabilities, or damages of any kind resulting from or related to (a) any errors or omissions on this website, its interactive areas, content, and notices including, but not limited to content and typographical errors; (b) third party communications; (c) third party websites or their content which may be directly or indirectly accessed by links on this Web Site, including but not limited to errors or omissions therein; (d) the unavailability of this website, its interactive areas, the content, the advertisements or any part of thereof.
T)LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
GRATO® shall not be liable for any loss, injury, claim, liability, or damages of any kind arising out of this website, the content, the advertisements, the interactive areas, any information, or opinions that appear on or through the interactive areas, or any other communications to third parties. GRATO® shall not be liable for any special, direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, or punitive damages of any kind (including, without limitation, attorneys' fees), resulting from or arising in connection with the use of or inability to use this website, the interactive areas, the content, the postings, the notices, or any third-party communications.
U)WRONGFUL ACTIVITY; ACCESS TERMINATION
V)CHANGES TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
GRATO® reserves the right to change or modify these Terms and Conditions at any time. Updated versions of these Terms and Conditions will appear on this website and will be effective immediately. You are responsible for regularly reviewing the Terms and Conditions. Your continued use of this website following the posting of such changes constitutes your acceptance of them.
The consultant can promote their GRATO® consultancy through any means he or she deems appropriate, if it does not go against the guidelines, terms and conditions or the privacy conditions of Grato® Spa. We especially recommend you make use of the personal social media of each host, given the success this has had with other consultant. The consultant can also use the spaces on social media, digital and physical of other GRATO® consultancies to promote his or her group. However, it is forbidden to use the services or the social space given by any group or instance associated with GRATO® to promote other types of businesses unrelated to www.grato.cl , whether it be it minor sales, courses, private counselling, contests, exchanges, discounts or any other type of promotion that is not directly associated with the activities or groups of our platform.
Any other improper, immoral behaviour that threatens the physical or moral integrity of other people, that is suspected of illegal activities or any other reason that hinders the correct, legal and proper functioning of our groups, authorises Grato® Spa., to immediately terminate the benefits of the consultant, and empower Grato® Spa., to pursue legal actions in the event that any user, staff member or any other citizen may be improperly treated by any of our consultants.
If the consultant -or any other employee, either freelance or contract- breach any of these rules, Grato Spa®., may terminate the contractual relationship.
Any point of this agreement that is not detailed enough for specific cases or any other context that requires it, and that could be negotiated by mutual agreement and acceptance between the consultant and the GRATO® team, authorises our team to assume deals that facilitate the contractual relationship and help solve disputes that may arise, even if they contradict some of the points established herein.
In case of any doubts regarding these guidelines, please go to our offices at 1095 Margot Duhalde St, Río Bueno, Región de Los Ríos.